Information relating to the declaration of tax residence
Which customers are eligible for Nickel?
At Nickel, we accept customers whose tax address is in Belgium, but not only! If your tax residence is registered in the EU (European Union) or EFTA (European Free Trade Association), you are welcome too!
What regulations apply to Nickel?
Like all financial institutions, Nickel also applies existing tax regulations, including :
- FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) regulations, which apply to US nationals (citizens or residents of the United States)
- AEOI (Automated Exchange of Information) regulations, which apply to all tax residents of countries that have signed these agreements.
In this specific context, Nickel collects your tax information when you open your account and at any time if your situation changes. Please note that this information may be transmitted to tax authorities upon request and that Nickel cannot oppose this.
What are your obligations as a customer?
As soon as you open your Nickel account and whenever your situation changes, you must provide us with the following tax information:
- Your country(ies) of residence for tax purposes (and the associated address if different from your main address)
- The Tax Identification Number (TIN) associated with each tax residence
- Your FATCA status: are you a US citizen or not?
If all this information has not been collected during the subscription process, or if your situation changes (change of tax residence, new tax residence, etc.), you must inform us as soon as possible using this form (printable version available here).
In addition, if we detect elements that suggest that your tax situation has changed, we may ask you to confirm your initial declaration and/or to amend it.
If you do not respond, we will be obliged to inform the relevant tax authorities. In this case, you should be aware that you could be fined €1,500